Re: Difficulties with cyclictest on AMD CPU

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:01:08 +0200
Stefan Jenisch <stefan.jenisch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So my guess is that the cpu goes into some sort of powersave mode from
> time to time. The wakeup from these powersave state results in
> latencies. Currently I am looking for a proper solution to this problem
> and what I have tried so far:
>
> - BIOS upgrade
> - Upgraded to linux-3.10.12-rt25
> - Disabling all sort of powersave modes in the kernel config
> - Activated cpufreq-performance (which seems to be ignored anyway)
> - Searched the BIOS for any powersave modes to deactivate (none found)
>
> I got rather clueless on what else to try! Does anyone has a helping
> hint on how to solve this one???
>
> With many thanks in advance,
>
> Stefan J.

Did you get this message when starting cyclictest?

# /dev/cpu_dma_latency set to 0us

That's a hack that is supposed to prevent the system from entering
deeper C-states than C-state 0.

What version of rt-tests are you running?

Clark