Re: Patches for cyclictest bug

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:30:35 -0500
Gary Robertson <gary.robertson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mr. Williams,
>
> Linaro Networking Group have been using cyclictest in our kernel validation
> test suites as part of an OpenEmbedded root filesystem build.  Between OE
> rt_tests build 0.86 and 0.87, our cyclictest lost its CPU affinity support.
>
> I have created a patch set which resolves this issue but I am unsure as to
> the best forum or mailing list to use in submitting the patches for the
> cyclictest sources cloned from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clrkwllms/rt-tests.git
>
> If you will inform me as to the best place to email the patches I will send
> them for your consideration ASAP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary Robertson
>
> Linaro Networking Group kernel tree maintainer

Gary,

Best place to discuss problems with the rt-tests group (which includes
cyclictest) is the linux-rt-users list (which I've CC'd).

We added a modification to affinity in the 0.87 version which allows
the user to specify an arbitrary set of cpus. It's entirely possible we
broke something in doing that.

What command line did you use that 0.87 broke?

Clark