Re: Tracers+cyclictest causing kernel oops

please CC the list.

On 05/11/2013 06:43 PM, Tom Cook wrote:
> Okay, I've built the same kernel config but without kgdb enabled.
> Running cyclictest with a tracer enabled (-f in this case) causes the
> crash below.
>
> I'm not big on debugging these things yet.  Since cyclictest works
> without the tracers enabled and causes a crash with them enabled, the
> problem must be in the tracers themselves, right?  Actually, 'echo
> function > current_tracer' has the same effect.
>
> Is that trace really saying that the processor is in mode 0?  AFAICT,
> ARM does not have a mode 0 unless you truncate the mode number to four
> bits - in which case mode '0' is user mode.  The process name seems to
> be a red herring - repeating this can turn up almost any process
> running on the system, from interrupt handler threads to bash.
>
> Is this a known problem?  Any tips on figuring it out?

Not known until you brought that up. I just booted x86 with kgdb=y and
did "echo function > current_tracer" with no side effects. I don't have
ARM at hand right now. Do you do anything kgdb related besides enabling
it in the kernel?

> Thanks,
> Tom

Sebastian