Re: How to find long execution times in kernel threads?

Stano,

I am experimenting with the cyclictest on a system running
several RT threads to find out where some latencies are
coming from and to get a better undertanding how the system
behaves.
[..]
Basically I'd like to trace what happened between a particular
process (not the highest priority one) was woken up until
it got scheduled, and stop if this took longer than some
defined time. Can this be done with the current tracing
infrastructure?
Sure, record everything (trace-cmd record -e all) and analyze the traces. Use kernelshark, if you prefer a GUI. I wrote a blog article on this topic about three years ago:
  https://www.osadl.org/Single-View.111+M5dc445b8ee7.0.html

Once you get an idea what is going on and which traces, events and/or processes are particularly interesting, you may filter the recording (trace-cmd record --help) in order to focus on your case and to reduce Heisenberg.

Hope this helps,
	-Carsten.