Re: Beginner's questions on userspace latency

Hi Oliver
> I read through the RT wiki, but I'm still unsure on how to proceed from
> here. Is there any way to determine what's causing the glitches?
> Anything I could do to improve the realtime behavior of my application?
Realtime has a lot to do with your computing hardware + the drivers. The worst
driver determines your max latency. As you have not told on what hardware you
are running it is hard to give some hints... other than do latency tracing if
your hw is powerful enough. Also you might look at the nice latency charts
from osadl.org. Find a similar system to yours and look at the  worst
latencies recorded.

Also keep in mind that latency tracing needs some time. There are some
recordings of talks available for example of Frank Rowand about latency
tracing but they are probably a little bit dated as the don't acount to much
for the much improved latency tracing infrastructure within the kernel.

Good luck
Tim