Re: Protection of critical section in PREEMPT_RT

Thanks.

I finally find that if I disable interrupt during ata_qc_issue() in
libata-scsi.c, my sata driver works without any problem.

But I find USB EHCI driver is more complicated. Kernel crashes every
where when RT is turned on. It seems whenever the stack  spin_lock
ehci->lock and interrupt comes at that moment, kernel will be crashes.
The reason is EHCI interrupt handler will also take the same lock. If
my point of view, USB stack seems no PREEMPT_RT safe. Is it correct?
Am I miss anything?