how does one set IRQ_NO_SOFTIRQ_CALL

Greetings,

I see there's this nifty flag to immunize specific irq threads from
softirq processing duties.  How does one go about setting it for say a
specific NIC?  Can do at runtime?

Also, is it possible to turn NAPI off at runtime for specific NICs?  I
can imagine interrupt mitigation induced latencies, and google seems to
agree that can indeed be an issue.

I can also imagine processing softirqs being a cross-talk issue between
NICs, ie traffic on one NIC affecting performance of another, but that
may well be high grade horse pookey, me knowing spit about NAPI, or any
of the zillion other network stack acronyms for that matter ;-)

-Mike