SUSE question wrt RT locking primitives

Greetings,

SUSE is looking for a straight up answer, I've been tasked with asking
the question: can RT maintainers be convinced to fix the RT tree such
that locking primitives do not switch from 'OK' to TABOO' at the flick
of a config switch?  It is understood that "yes" may have undesirable
side-effects :)

Background:

The migrate_enable/disable() EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL thing came up yesterday
again with yet another customer stuck using yet another proprietary
driver for proprietary hardware.  The choice for the customer/user is
use what exists, knock on proprietary doors, or go look at platforms
where the proprietary gizmo they need or want to use just works.

So that's where the question comes from.  Life would be easier if RT
didn't trigger the Dr. Jeckle -> Mr. Hyde thing.  You know all about
where what happens to which locks, so I'll just snip what I had quoted
and needlessly commented on to keep this as short as possible ;-)

-Mike