Re: kernel 2.6.33.7-rt29 problem

> I am looking for suggestions on how to resolve this problem. Why doesnt
> the thread run ?
> Why is the system locked up ?
> Is there any tools included in the kernel that can allow me to debug
> this ?

I guess the system locked up because some of your code (user-space or
kernel-space) runs at too high priority, and consumes too much CPU.

For debugging, I suggest to temporary drop priorities of all your
components to something below 80, and increase priority of your debugging
environment to something above 80. If you access the board over serial,
then 'debugging environment' likely includes serial interrupt and your
shell process, maybe something more - need to check.

After that, you should still be able to communicate with the system when
your failure event happens. Then use e.g. strace or gdb to find out what
is going on.

Nikita