Re: Priority Inheritance per se?

Sergio Ruocco wrote:

before really deciding for the use of PI, you may want to read what
Victor Yodaiken had to say:

http://www.yodaiken.com/papers-and-talks/
Against priority inheritance, Victor Yodaiken. September 23, 2004
http://www.yodaiken.com/papers/inherit.pdf

Here is a general Linux RT workshop report, with some comments on PI:
http://lwn.net/Articles/354690/

Hi Sergio,

thanks for that reading. I (hope to) know which drawbacks and
shortcomings priority inheritance has. Before I can make a
decision about using an RT_PREEMPT patched Linux, I want to
know if the RT_PREEMPT-patch introduces priority inheritance
automatically, that is, without using any locks?

For example (from my opening post):

Imagine a hypothetical case: a high RT-priority (60) task
triggers a blocking system call which triggers a device driver
whose ISR is a kernel thread with RT-priority 49. So, a medium
RT-priority (55) task is able block the high RT-priority task,
isn't it?

With kind regards,
Martin Däumler