Re: 2.6.35 RT support roadmap

 On 08/12/2010 11:38 AM, Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 09:38 -0500, Xianghua Xiao wrote:
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Walzer, Frank<f-walzer@xxxxxx>  wrote:

It should be noted, that TI (Omap) was instrumental in supporting some of the early serious work on RT in the 2004 time frame.

However, in an example of a severe corporate road-map fail, possibly caused GPL paranoia, combined probably with a nasty case of Symbian-leveraged NIH, Nokia didn't pick up what TI was laying down - and in 2005 squandered a fantastic opportunity to take an early lead in the linux-phone platfrom space, fizzing out with the 7xx and N800 toys.

Google did Android and even Palm woke up (just long enough to watch its own demise).

The rest is history.

Except of course putting the RT Kernel in Android.

I am curious what the German TI folks are doing with RT!

Cheers

Sven

Hi Folks,

What is the plan for kernel 2.6.35 support with the RT patch?

I know this is a difficult (and unliked) question but I would like at least to get some idea. My management is pushing me for dates when we could run some trials.
If nobody is looking at that we have to come up with some other plan.

Thanks a lot.

Frank

Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH, Haggertystr. 1, D-85356 Freising. Amtsgericht München HRB 40960. Geschäftsführer: Dr. Wolfram Tietscher. Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Edgar Frank

Yes it would be great if we can know which kernel release will have rt
patch for it. So far it seems to like a myth.
Perhaps people wanting specific events to happen at specific times
should become more proactive.

	-Mike