Re: 2.6.18-rt7 on HP Z800

On 08/05/2010 01:09 AM, Simpson, John (UK) (Contractor) wrote:

> I've had no response to this question. Can anyone help? I'm also baffled
> as to why the smp_affinity stuff doesn't work.

2.6.18. So that was as Pi was being merged, but HRT wasn't merged yet?

And NVIDIA didn't care about RT, that really didn't happen till MRG.

And there was also work being done on cpusets at the time.

To say the least, you have a lifetime's worth of back-porting to do.

I would suggest referencing a MontaVista 2.6.18 Kernel for your bug fixes.
Deepak was still there and did a good job keeping up with the patches.

Next option, move to 2.6.24, that was VERY well tested, and by then the cpu
shielding business was getting mainstream, and all the things you
mention should work pretty well.

I for one spent 3 years of my life bogged on a 2.6.22RT Kernel, and am
sure glad to be done with that.

Cheers.

Sven