Re: Realtime linux kernel on multicore processor

Since, Ubuntu is being run on the kernel, the standard processes of
Ubuntu are running in the background.

Now, I was just checking out RT_PREEMPT yesterday, and I came across
the kernel 2.6.31-9-rt (It is an RT_PREEMPT kernel) in the ubuntu
repositories (for ubuntu 9.10). I installed the kernel, and booted
into ubuntu using this kernel. Now, I see the results as I had
expected - 2 out of the 4 cores running on full load. What could be
the problem in my configuration as I am unable to see the same results
with the kernel that I configured?

Thanks and Regards,
Neel Mehta
Third year Undergraduate student,