Replacement for Xenomai's Message queues?

Hi all,

I am about to switch an realtime application from Xenomai to the RT_PREEMPTION patch.
Everything works really smooth, however I have one question.
With my Xenomai application I use the message queue which combine transfer (including queuing)
of data with activation of the thread.
In my Xenomai application I use this feature quite frequently. Now, I am not sure how to do an equivalent
with the RT_PREEMPT patch.
(see http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.4/html/api/group__native__queue.html)
Of course I could use condition variables and a struct or array to hold the data I want to pass with the activation
of a thread. However, using this approach I do not have the queuing (which is some extra effort I could spent...).
Another idea I have: I could use sockets which realize the queuing but the overhead is too high.

Is there any suitable way to implement a message queue like approach using RT_PREEMPT patch?
I am running x86 (Dual/Quad Cores).

Thanks for all answers on this question.

Regards

Mathias

--
Mathias Koehrer
mathias_koehrer@xxxxxxxx

Immer auf dem Laufenden! Sport, Auto, Reise, Politik und Promis. Von uns für Sie: der neue Arcor.de-Newsletter!
Jetzt anmelden und einfach alles wissen: http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.newsletter