Re: Embedded programmer new to rt-linux, what distribution / release to start with?

Hi Cameron

Just my 2 cents:
> I am mainly interested in off the shelf kernels and distributions, and
> so far think RH or SUSE  would probably be my best bet.
As far as i know the guys from Pengutronix are maintaining some
-rt Kernels for Debian. Haven't tested them but i guess they fit your needs.

> My goal at this point is to determine which distribution and release
> to start with.
The textonly debian installer is quite neat with DM, MD etc functionality just
download a netboot installer cd and your ready to go.

Don't know anything about the other questions concerning RH or Suse.

Tim