Re: RT Latency on Atmel Processors

Hi,

2009/9/29 Azraiyl <azraiyl@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for your details. My problem is that my problem can be simplified as
> follows: Toggle an IO with 4 KHz. I don't have an external 4 KHz clock,

Maybe a stupid question: Why not use a programmable clock output?

Or a timer/counter peripheral inside the SoC to generate the 4KHz interrupt.
Using the timer framework for a 4KHz interrupt source is way too heavy
for this processor related to the overhead the timer interrupt
introduces inside the system. Look at the CPU-load this is
generating... High latencies would not surprise me since it is likely
that the processor just cannot keep up...

Better use the TC-library to generate a dedicated interrupt if you
want some realtime responsiveness and somewhat reasonable CPU-load.
Personally I would not go beyond the 1kHz boundary with this
processor...

Remy