Re[2]: hrtimer problem on AT91RM9200

 Hi Remy,

I actually only want an accurate 10ms periodic time. If possible it would be
nice with 1ms or even submillisecond in rare circumstances, but I know we
are kind of limited with this CPU.
CONFIG_HZ is set to 128, but there seems to be quite some jitter
e.g. on the execution of a thread based on the ordinary timers. That's why
I turned to HRT to get the periodic time correct. But maybe I should try
setting CONFIG_HZ to 1000 and set the timer to 10 jiffies in stead.

> But, If you want an accurate period time for your realtime
> application, you can also use the TC-library to provide you a periodic
> interrupt on which you schedule your RT-task.
> This will provide you much better latencies, and a much lower CPU-load.

The Timer counter library sounds interesting - I previously took a look
at the source, but I miss some examples of how to use it. Do you know
anywhere I can find some beside tcb_clksrc.c?
Correct me if I'm wrong but using TC you still have the RT patch applied,
but just disabled HRT/dynticks?
Do you have any idea of the overhead of TC@1ms compared with
CONFIG_HZ=1000?

> > A kernel panic from both an RT and non-RT kernel with high resolution
> > timer has been attached. The source seems to vary from time to time.
> >
> > I noticed than when I stress the system I sometimes get the
> > following message:
> > hrtimer: interrupt too slow, forcing clock min delta to 52482 ns
>
> This is exactly what I would expect, except that these 52us is still
> quite fast for this processor...
>
> > And often (but no always) the system panics a little while later. I guess
> > it tells the system is too busy? but should it really end in a kernel
> > panic? Using the RT patch I understand as we can set the priority
> > as we like and stall the system completely, but on a non-RT kernel this
> > should not be possible?
>
> But anyway, it should not panic...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Remy