Re: New to list, rt-kernel question re Ubuntu 9.04

Are there any special circumstances that makes you want to build the
kernel yourself?

If not, I believe that Ubuntu provides an precompiled RT kernel. I
guess the package you are looking for is the "linux-rt" package (and
"linux-rt-headers" if you are going to compile any modules).

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 19:01, Henry W. Peters<hwpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Been monitoring the list for a few days, my question might be a little basic
> for this list... but some one may be able to direct me to a possibly more
> relevant place to pose it...
>
> I do (among other things) audio work... trying to get my Linux system (now,
> Ubuntu 9.04) to do some of the work. It has been a struggle so far, but I am
> currently having some success with (among a few others) Audacity... even
> using 'Jack,' etc. (it will input my Echo, Mia-Midi card from my Yamaha 01v
> digital mixer)... where as Ardour will not...
>
> Anyway, some time ago I tried Ubuntu Studio (v. 8.04.1) that had the rt
> kernel built in, but since I was having other problems, had to revert to
> generic Ubuntu... & now I am on Ubuntu 9.04, generic. What I wish to do is a
> build of the rt kernel... but do not really know how to do this... or even
> really if it would (possibly) work (i.e., matters to anticipate). Any tips,
> pointers, directions, advise would be much appreciated...
>
> Thanks,
> Henry
>

> --

Hälsningar/Regards