Re: 2.6.26.3 with rt3 patch: BUG: sleeping function called kernel/rtmutex.c:743

Thanks Carsten, for your informations,

> All 2.6.26 related rt-patches are experimental. In fact, it would be
> better to call them 2.6.26.3-rtrc3 to indicate that this is, at best, a
> release candidate - but no release.

As I am these days interested in rt patches I can provide you more
info on my attempts to bring a functional  rt 2.6.26 kernel. I usually
log my compilation results and try to find usefull info (just recompiled
kernel with full ACPI support with the rt7 patch, although I guess I will
obtain the same results). I am not an expert but I have some
background knowledge of linux system as a user.

If you give me info or documentation to read for tests or debugging
purpose, I am ready to help you at the moment, if I able to.

> Our "Latest Stable" is 2.6.24.7-rt17
> (http://www.osadl.org/Latest-Stable.latest-stable-realtime-linux.0.html).
> Can't you use this one? If this kernel has the problem you are
> experiencing, we are certainly interested to fix it.

As first of all I need a stable kernel for a dual core on the box an
impatient friend,
I'll use 2.6.24.7-rt17 as your advise suggests, and tell you in case I
get trouble with it.

Regards, Xavier Droubay.