Re: Not so RT Linux

Tobias,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Tobias Knutsson
<tobias.knutsson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am currently doing my master thesis project on the real-time aspects
> of the Linux kernel. My first goal is to build a real-time kernel

Cool, good luck! Will your final master report be publicly available?
If so, let us know when you are finished, so we can buy you a beer.

Attached my config for 2.6.24.7-rt12 for a IXP4xx system that shows
~550 us max latencies. IXP4xx is similar to PXA270 to some degree.

I added the OpenEmbedded linux-rt kernel, please submit your defconfig
to OpenEmbedded so that other people can easily reproduce and test.

> on how to get the worst-case response times down to a decent level. My
> guess is that i have missed something in the config but I do not have
> the experience to know what it is.

Maybe comparing it with my .config might help spot differences or options.

(Note there is a diffconfig tool in the newest kernel GIT tree to help
you do this.)

Regards,
--
Leon