Re: 2.6.23.1-rt5 rtc lost interrupt

When I'm asked what language is my mother tongue,
I simply answer "C".

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Dragan Noveski wrote:

> hallo list, yesterday strange thing happened here.
> i am running 2.6.23.1-rt5, and actually it is running good, but
> yesterday partially my keyboard stopped working. usually if i press any
> key (inside of xterm) and do not release, but keep pressed, the
> letter/sign will be printed all the time again and again as long as i
> release the key.
> something like:
>
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What X drivers are you running (hopefully not nVidia or some other
proprietary module).

> but yesterday, if i was holding the key, the letter got displayed on the
> screen just one time.
> if i released and pressed again, one more time.....
> so i was not able to press only one time a key and hold to get sth like
> these:

> than in /var/log/system i found this lines:
>

> Oct 30 21:22:37 murija2 kernel: rtc: lost 8 interrupts
> Oct 30 21:22:50 murija2 kernel: rtc: lost 4 interrupts
> Oct 30 21:22:50 murija2 kernel: rtc: lost 20 interrupts

Unfortunately, this gives me no clue to what went wrong. Perhaps, you have
a high priority process running somewhere that is keeping things from
running.

What type of system is this? SMP?

> this also appeared in dmesg.
>
> is this explained so that someone is able to understand?
> does any one has an idea what went wrong here?
>
> after a reboot the keyboard was working as usually again and the issue
> did not happened again since them.
>
> hope to get some suggestions/answers?!

I can't figure out much with the current info.

-- Steve

-