Re: [RFC] rk3399 pcie move to designware driver

在 2019/11/26 4:52, Peter Geis 写道:
Good Afternoon,

I asked this question in my pcie bug report, but I think it got lost
in the mess so I will ask it standalone.
I noticed that there is a lot of code overlap between the shared dwc
pcie driver and the rockchip driver.
Is there a particular reason we aren't using the shared driver instead
of reinventing the wheel?

That's because qcon and tegra do based on dwc IP and just add some
vendor-specific registers but it's totally different case for rockchip,
as you have noticed that the registers don't line up with dwc, that's
said, they are totoally 2 IPs with different register layout. It's NOT
the rule for how linux driver work.

I know that our registers don't seem to line up with the default dwc
registers, but tegra and qcom both seem to implement custom registers.
I started trying to write a dwc layer driver for the rockchip, but as
I have very little experience with pcie I was quickly overwhelmed.

Is there anything outright blocking the move to the shared driver?