Re: [BUG] rk3399-rockpro64 pcie synchronous external abort

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:43:48AM -0500, Peter Geis wrote:

> I plugged in an i350 two port nic and examined the assigned address spaces.
> I've attached it below.
> Judging by the usage, I think this controller has enough address space
> for another two port NIC, and that's about it.
> I'm pretty sure now that the rk3399 controller just doesn't have the
> address space to map larger devices.
> I'm pretty sure the IOMMU would allow us to address system memory as
> pcie address space and overcome this limitation, but I don't know how
> to do that.

I don't think you're out of MMIO space, at least in this instance.  It
looks like you have 32MB available and the two-port NIC on bus 01 only
takes 5MB.

The IOMMU is used for DMA (e.g., reads/writes initiated by the NIC),
while the MMIO space is used for CPU programmed I/O (reads/writes done
by the driver running on the CPU).

> The address space for the nic is below:
> f8000000-f8ffffff : axi-base
> fa000000-fbdfffff : MEM