Re: rk3328 USB3 controller

On 16/10/2019 19:54, Peter Geis wrote:
Good Afternoon,

Is there a particular reason why the USB3 controller on the rk3328 has
not been enabled?
It's enabled on the TeamFirefly source [0].
I pulled it in to my device tree and have been using a USB3 SSD as my
boot device for over a year now.

IIRC, the issue is that it's effectively *only* usable for a boot device (or possibly with a fixed hub), since without the phy driver, as soon as the initial device is unplugged the controller can no longer detect anything being plugged in again.

Robin.

If I were to submit the patch, would y'all be open to pulling it in?

[0] https://github.com/FireflyTeam/kernel/blob/roc-rk3328-cc/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3328.dtsi