Re: kexec on rk3399

On Monday, July 22, 2019 4:54:41 PM CEST, Marc Zyngier wrote:
On 22/07/2019 15:31, Vicente Bergas wrote:
Hi, i have been running linux on rk3399 booted with kexec fine until 5.2
From 5.2 onwards, there are memory corruption issues as reported here:
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1906.2/07211.html
kexec has been identified as the principal reason for the issues.

It turns out that kexec has never worked reliably on this platform, ...

Not the most trusted version, but hey, why not...

 2.- Kexec into v5.2.2
 3.- The kernel reports nothing (earlycon not enabled) and does not boot.
The same kernel v5.2.2 works fine when booted without kexec.

Can you please enable earlycon and let us know how far it goes? Your
previous reports hinting at runtime memory corruption, but this seems to
be much more radical...

Details on previous email, but basically, earlycon affects reproducibility.

If it is a runtime memory corruption, what are we hunting for? an issue in
the kernel before kexec or in the kernel after kexec?

FWIW, I was able to kexec using 5.2-rcx (for values of x around 6) on a
NanoPC-T4, using a mainline u-boot and firmware.

Thanks,

	M.

Regards,
 Vicenç.