Re: rk3399: Graphical artifacts when running for-next

Hi Robert and Heiko,

On 21.02.19 14:26, Heiko Stuebner wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2019, 11:27:15 CET schrieb Robert Foss:
>> Hey Heiko,
>>
>> I've just started booting the RK3399 based Radxa Rock Pi 4 on the mainline
>> kernel. Specifically on linux-rockchip/for-next, with an additional patch
>> adding the GPU DT node[1].
>>
>> Unfortunately I'm seeing an artifact on all display output[2].
>> It, from the VT to 3D content.
>>
>> Is this an issue that has been encountered before?
>
> I haven't seen something like this before. I do test graphics
> on most Rockchip socs regularly (right now dw-hdmi only
> on non-rk3399 socs though).

for the record: I've seen exactly the same as Heiko on my Rock Pi 4 A
(2GB) using stock Arch Linux ARM Kernel (4.20.11) using dts from "arm64:
dts: rockchip: add ROCK Pi 4 DTS support" (v1 though).

As the dts is for 5.1, i was expecting some minor problems. But since
Heiko had the exact same artifacts i though i let you know that not him
alone.

Michael