Re: usb typec not doing handling in-kernel

Hello everyone,

Enric was looking recently at some of this to get gadget mode working.

I drew this diagram around that time to help explain how things are
hooked up on the rk3399 chromebooks. I hope it might be useful for
this discussion.
https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/chromium-os/type-c-on-rk3399-chromebooks

Some things to note (which may or may not be already know in here):
* CC lines on the rk3399 are not connected to anything, we have an external TCPC
* OTG_ID pin not connected to anything
* rk3399 doesn't do much in terms of negotiating type C things or
charging, everything must be handled by the EC (since such things
might happen when the rk3399 is off or asleep). Instead the EC
communicates most of that state via the SPI lines (hence cros-ec
driver).

Alexandru Stan (amstan)