Re: tty: serial: sh-sci: hrtimer not properly canceled on chan_rx invalidation?

> > The timer is started before DMA is set up. In the unlikely event of the
> > DMA setup failing, s->chan_rx will be cleared while the timer has
> > already been started. This is in deed a very rare condition.
>
> Or when the previous (still running) timer expires...

Yes, ack.

> Note that DMA is disabled for the serial console, cfr. the check for
> uart_console() in sci_request_dma().  For testing, you can just remove
> that check.

I didn't test with the console but with the other debug port of a
Salvator-X board.

> Also, plain text typing (on the serial console, or on a getty running
> on a secondary port) does not trigger a DMA RX transfer.  Pasting
> a block of text larger than the FIFO size to the terminal should
> trigger DMA RX.

I dd'ed random data to the port. '/proc/interrupts/' showed some DMA
triggers but no indication of that code path. I need to recheck.
Probably my fault somewhere, but I need to finish another task first.
I'll come back here after this.

Thanks for also looking into it, Geert!

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]