[Query] Reset core API

Hi Philipp,

I am working on the USB2.0 IP block that has a USB2PHY control, this
is mainly to control reset and power down of the USB2PHY. I have
modelled the USB2PHY control block as a reset driver.

There is one register bit which I need to set in this block depending
on the USB channel if its host/function. Only the USB PHY can know if
it's a host/function so this somehow needs to be propagated to the
USB2PHY control reset driver to set the appropriate bits. The current
reset core does not have any api to do so.

Currently I was thinking of the below (yet to implement),
- add a new callback in reset_control_ops (int(*configure)(struct
reset_controller_dev *rcdev, void *data);)
- from the USB phy driver get the reset pointer
- Call the configure() callback from USB phy driver

Can you please let me know if this approach should be OK? or let me
know if there is an alternative way to solve this.

Cheers,
Prabhakar

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]