Re: [RFT 0/6] mmc: refactor reset callbacks

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 15:26, Wolfram Sang
<wsa+renesas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While debugging something else, I noticed that the SDHI driver
> doesn't use the 'hw_reset' callback as intended. It was used to reset
> the tuning block but not the remote card via RSTn.
>
> So, this patch series fixes it by moving stuff to the reset callback. In
> addition, calls within the TMIO core are converted to 'reset' and the
> 'hw_reset' callback is only used by the MMC core now.
>
> This allow for further cleanups which make the code a tad smaller and
> much more readable.
>
> I did some testing here, and tuning etc... still works, no regressions,
> both with eMMC and SDXC. I send this out as RFT because I want to give
> our BSP team also a chance to test more advanced cases. Also, I will be
> thinking of more ways to verify this all is correct. A branch for
> testing can be found here:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux.git renesas/sdhi/refactor_hw_reset
>
> The branch is based on top of v5.9-rc1.
>
> Looking forward to comments!
>
> Happy hacking,
>
>    Wolfram
>

> Wolfram Sang (6):
>   mmc: renesas_sdhi: move wrong 'hw_reset' to 'reset'
>   Revert "mmc: tmio: fix reset operation"
>   mmc: tmio: remove indirection of 'hw_reset' callback
>   mmc: tmio: factor out common parts of the reset routine
>   mmc: tmio: don't reset whole IP core when tuning fails
>   mmc: tmio: remove indirection of 'execute_tuning' callback
>
>  drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_core.c | 58 ++++++++++++++--------------
>  drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.c          |  8 ----
>  drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.h          |  7 ----
>  drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc_core.c     | 45 ++++-----------------
>  drivers/mmc/host/uniphier-sd.c       |  5 ++-
>
> --
> 2.20.1

Applied for next, also adding the tested-by tag from Shimoda-san to
all the patches, thanks!

Kind regards
Uffe

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]