Re: [PULL REQUEST] renesas/topic/sdhi-manual-calib for renesas drivers

Hi Wolfram,

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM Wolfram Sang <wsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > mmc/next is included in renesas-drivers anyway, but Ulf sometimes likes
> > to rebase that branch.
>
> I know :(
>
> > Actually you made it more difficult for me, as you changed the mere
> > possibility of a conflict due to Ulf rebasing mmc/next, into a certainty
> > of your branch conflicting with mmc/next ;-)
>
> Wouldn't that happen as well if I base it on an old version of mmc/next?
> As soon as Ulf rebases -> problem. Geez, his rebasing is annoying.

Yes it would, _iff_ he rebases, which he doesn't always do.

> What would be the easiest solution for you here? (except waiting for
> -rc1 which was sadly not an option here)

Base it on mmc/next? As long as Ulf doesn't rebase mmc/next, and
doesn't queue conflicting patches, there would be no conflict.

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]