RE: Issue with enabling VSP source on rcar gen2 koelsch board

Hi Laurent,

Thanks  for the feedback.

> Subject: Re: Issue with enabling VSP source on rcar gen2 koelsch board
>
> Hi Biju,
>
> On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 15:20:58 EET Biju Das wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On the past, I have tested vsp source  on rcar gen2 koelsch board,
> > using the patches series below(Apart from the below  patch series, I
> > have enabled
> > "CONFIG_DRM_RCAR_VSP=y")
> > https://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/log/?h=drm/du/panels
> >
> > 1) [HACK] ARM: shmobile: r8a7791: Link the VSP1 and DU
> > 2) [HACK] v4l: vsp1: Disable UAPI for VSP1D
> > 3) [HACK] drm: rcar-du: Enable VSP source support for R8A7791
> >
> > But on the latest renesas-dev branch looks like  it is broken
>
> That doesn't surprise me too much as I don't actively maintain that code.
>
> For my information, what are your use cases ? Do you think this approach
> should be pursued and patches merged upstream ? The amount of work will
> be quite high though, given that it introduces a new userspace API, we will
> have to publish an open-source implementation in an X.org or Wayland
> driver.

Basically as part of RZ-G1/M VSP upstreaming(Linux 4.15 kernel)  ,previously I have  executed the below test cases

1) vsp test suite:- based on the instruction present on "http://git.ideasonboard.com/renesas/vsp-tests.git";

2) vspd testing:- based on the instruction present on  "https://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/log/?h=drm/du/panels";

Both the test cases were working fine with 4.15 kernel.

Now as part of RZ/G1N vsp upstreaming, I rebased to  latest branch from renesas-dev , and  executed the same test case

Only test cases in vsp test suite is working.  the vspd test case is broken.
So I am wondering how do we expose the r-car gen2 SoC feature "VSPD"  to the end user?

Regards,
Biju

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered No. 04586709.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]