Re: [GIT PULL] Renesas ARM Based SoC Defconfig Updates for v4.19

Hi Olof,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 6:22 PM Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I replied to the multi-versions of defconfig for this patch -- it's not a good
> >> way to solve the problem of detecting config at runtime. Please drop this
> >> patch. See:
> >>
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAOesGMgkU6yBRpAsED2fPyuAo9Tc=YprndGdkmBVrc+0783VwQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> >
> > One more comment to the rescue: it does complicate regression testing,
> > as the test software running on the DUT has no easy way to distinguish
> > between e.g. shmobile_defconfig and multi_v7_defconfig (and whatever
> > other board-specific configs I use for testing).
> > Yes, I can have these as local patches in my tree (of course I already have ;-),
> > but when bisecting, I have to remember to (un)apply them in every step.
>
> It looks like scripts/setlocalversion will look for files named
> localversion* in the directory you build in, git won't touch the file
> so you don't have to re-apply it every time.

Thanks a lot, works fine!
I didn't know about that; I started using CONFIG_LOCALVERSION during the
version control dark ages.

Since I use different output directories for different builds anyway, the
file won't ever be removed by git.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]