RE: iwg20d display driver

Hello Laurent,

Agreed.

> The exact compatible string for your panel should be "edt,etm070001adh6".
> Using
>
> 	compatible = "edt,etm070001adh6", "panel-lvds";
>
> will work today and be somehow future-proof, but is a bit of a hack as the
> panel isn't an LVDS panel.

This was our thought. Would using this compatible string be acceptable (for now), even if it isn't the preferred option?

> The right solution would be to model the full display pipeline in DT, including
> the DS90CF384AMTDX. However, the DU driver doesn't support that yet.
> Some Gen2 boards suffer from a similar issue in the sense that the device
> tree pretends that a RGB to HDMI encoder is connected directly to the LVDS
> output of the SoC, while an LVDS to RGB decoder is present in-between.
>
> Fixing this is somewhere in my todo list but with a low priority I'm afraid.
> Would you like to give it a go ?

Depends on your answer to the above ;)

Chris

> > [1]
> > http://www.iwavesystems.com/product/development-platform/qseven-
> evalua
> > tion->
> > board/rz-g1m-qseven-development-kit-49/rz-g1m-qseven-development-
> kit.h
> > tml
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Laurent Pinchart

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]