Re: [renesas-drivers:topic/renesas-overlays 1/86] drivers//of/configfs.c:48:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'of_fdt_unflatten_tree'

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven
<geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 7:58 PM, kbuild test robot
> <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> tree:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/renesas-drivers.git topic/renesas-overlays
>> head:   8361d7e7432d1937f94e1863211fb3f852e37f36
>> commit: 1ba23467c1d052c0b5c35436c034f0fb7103eeaf [1/86] OF: DT-Overlay configfs interface (v7)
>> config: sparc64-allmodconfig (attached as .config)
>> compiler: sparc64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 6.1.1-9) 6.1.1 20160705
>> reproduce:
>>         wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/01org/lkp-tests/master/sbin/make.cross -O ~/bin/make.cross
>>         chmod +x ~/bin/make.cross
>>         git checkout 1ba23467c1d052c0b5c35436c034f0fb7103eeaf
>>         # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>>         make.cross ARCH=sparc64
>>
>> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
>>
>>    drivers//of/configfs.c: In function 'create_overlay':
>>      of_fdt_unflatten_tree(blob, NULL, &overlay->overlay);
>>      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
>
> Apparently OF_OVERLAY should depend on OF_FLATTREE.

Oops, I meant CONFIG_OF_CONFIGFS.
But that causes warnings due to recursive dependencies:

drivers/of/Kconfig:59:error: recursive dependency detected!
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/of/Kconfig:59: symbol OF_EARLY_FLATTREE is selected by OF_UNITTEST
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/of/Kconfig:14: symbol OF_UNITTEST depends on OF_IRQ
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/of/Kconfig:83: symbol OF_IRQ depends on IRQ_DOMAIN
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
kernel/irq/Kconfig:63: symbol IRQ_DOMAIN is selected by GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
kernel/irq/Kconfig:58: symbol GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP is selected by GPIO_DWAPB
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/gpio/Kconfig:160: symbol GPIO_DWAPB depends on GPIOLIB
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/gpio/Kconfig:13: symbol GPIOLIB is selected by PINCTRL_STM32
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/pinctrl/stm32/Kconfig:3: symbol PINCTRL_STM32 is selected by
PINCTRL_STM32F429
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/pinctrl/stm32/Kconfig:11: symbol PINCTRL_STM32F429 depends on
IRQ_DOMAIN_HIERARCHY
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
kernel/irq/Kconfig:67: symbol IRQ_DOMAIN_HIERARCHY is selected by
GENERIC_MSI_IRQ_DOMAIN
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
kernel/irq/Kconfig:80: symbol GENERIC_MSI_IRQ_DOMAIN is selected by MV_XOR_V2
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/dma/Kconfig:358: symbol MV_XOR_V2 depends on DMADEVICES
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/dma/Kconfig:5: symbol DMADEVICES is selected by CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/crypto/ccp/Kconfig:1: symbol CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD depends on CRYPTO
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
crypto/Kconfig:15: symbol CRYPTO is selected by IP_SCTP
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
net/sctp/Kconfig:5: symbol IP_SCTP is selected by DLM
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
fs/dlm/Kconfig:1: symbol DLM depends on SYSFS
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1: symbol SYSFS is selected by CONFIGFS_FS
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
fs/configfs/Kconfig:1: symbol CONFIGFS_FS is selected by OF_CONFIGFS
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
drivers/of/Kconfig:129: symbol OF_CONFIGFS depends on OF_EARLY_FLATTREE

Pantelis: Is there a newer version of of/configfs available, or an
alternative solution?
Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]