Re: [GIT PULL for renesas-drivers] ADV748x v5 device-tree.

Hi Kieran and Geert,

On 2017-06-16 11:30:23 +0100, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> Hi Geert, Niklas,
>
> On 16/06/17 09:57, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Hi Kieran,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Kieran Bingham <kbingham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Please consider this pull request for the next renesas-drivers release.
> >>
> >> This DT update is based on Simon's horms/next branch, but is also dependant
> >> upon Niklas' VIN driver DT nodes being integrated.
> >
> > That means "make dtbs" doesn't work in this branch?
> > I think you need to sync with Niklas, so you can build your branch on
> > top of his.
>
> Yes, that's why I tried to make that clear in the PR. sorry - as stupid as it
> was to send as is, - it is dependant upon Niklas' non-mainlined patches, and I
> had to post a pull request for my report for yesterday.
>
> Sorry for the red-tape induced noise :(
>
> Niklas has now made his updated DT branch available to me, so I expect to have
> sent an update before your next renesas-drivers anyway - Although Niklas, your
> rcar-vin-dt branch contains an unrelated [LOCAL] patch to defconfig. So I still
> can't base my dt patch on your dt-branch.

I never intended the rcar-vin-dt branch to be submitted for
renesas-drivers (at lest not until the DT bindings where Acked). So I
intentionally  left the [LOCAL] patch in that branch, but I agree the
naming is confusing in regard to that...

> How should we handle this going forwards?.

If we want to include the DT changes in renesas-driver I be happy to
remove the [LOCAL] patch and pay more attention to details for that
branch and include it in my for-renesas-branch.

Geert what do you think? Do you think it's a good idea for me and Kieran
to start including the DT updates for VIN in our submissions for
renesas-drivers? If so I would like to request a quick sanity check of
my rcar-vin-dt as I'm not sure I fully got the hang of the new DT file
structure and I don't want to break things :-)

> I can't really base my DT branch on Niklas' as he is in concurrent active
> development.
>
> Should I pass my DT patch on to you Niklas and consider you 'upstream' for that
> patch? (at least in regards to renesas-drivers)

If you like I have no problem to carry that patch in my rcar-vin-dt
branch. Let me know what you wish me to do.

--
Regards,
Niklas Söderlund

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]