Re: [RFC 1/5] pinctrl: rz-pfc: Add Renesas RZ pinctrl core module

Hi Tony,

On 06/02/2017 19:28, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* jacopo mondi <jacopo@xxxxxxxxxx> [170206 10:16]:
Currently there is no generic pinctrl and pinmux function to retrieve a
group or function by name, but only by their id (selector).
It would take 10minutes to add them, but I wonder if that's desirable or
there are other ways to do so I haven't found out yet.

Linus, Tony and gpio people: do you have opinions on this? I can add those
functions to core/pinmux in my next patch series if I get your ack here.

I would just get rid of the names and allow optionally configuring them
from the consumer. Just like we do for interrupts and GPIOs.

Mostly, I wonder why so far nobody had to remove function and groups and release their associated data when deleting a map. It makes me think this is not required or I didn't fully get dt_free_map() purpose :/ Or, put it in another way, I see lot of code releasing memory associated with PIN_MAP_TYPE_CONFIGS_GROUP map types (as map.data.configs.configs it's easy accessible), but none releasing data associated to PIN_MAP_TYPE_MUX_GROUP map types...

Thanks

Regards,

Tony

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]