Re: About VSPD

Hello Jithin,

On Friday 06 Jan 2017 07:15:27 Jithin T Raj wrote:
> hello Laurent and all,
>
> Can anybody give me an insight to VSPD .Recently I am going through
> the term VSPD..Is it associated with Display Unit ? ..It will be a help if
> someone share some links about VSPD..I am a beginner in both kernel and
> RCar families..

The VSP is a memory-to-memory image processor than can perform operations such
as format conversion, scaling, blending, ... There are multiple VSP instances
on R-Car Gen2 and Gen3 SoCs, whose number and features depend on the
particular SoC. The VSPD is a VSP type designed for display operation that can
feed its output directly to the display in addition to writing it to memory
like all other VSPs. On R-Car Gen3 SoCs usage of the VSPD for display is
mandatory, so the VSPD is handled automatically by the DU driver and isn't
visible to userspace. On R-Car Gen2 SocS usage of the VSPD for display os
optional, so the VSPD is exposed to userspace through the V4L2 API. Connecting
the VSPD output directly to the display on R-Car Gen2 currently requires out-
of-tree patches (see
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.dri.devel/127526).

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]