Re: ALSA analog audio loopback test tool (atest)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Magnus Damm <magnus.damm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your efforts! Quick question, the dependency on zlib seems
> to come from using adler32() for checksum comparison. In the code you
> seem to compare the total amount of data anyway, so I guess the
> checksum seems to be there to get some early notification about
> potential mismatch. The potential error will be discovered using the
> full-data-comparison later on anyway. I'm not sure if that's the way
> the code works, but if so then it should be easy to reduce the number
> of dependencies by simply dropping the checksum code. Does that make
> sense to you?

The checksum is merely there because it's part of the Q15X25 packet
format. Not having to comply with any standard, we might as well drop
it.

CU
Uli

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]