Re: The failure summary report of GEN2 for linux stable v4.8

Hi Truong,

On Friday 21 Oct 2016 19:53:47 Xuan Truong Nguyen wrote:
> Hello Laurent.
>
> > The document mentions that you have used shmobile_defconfig. However, that
> > configuration in v4.8 doesn't enable CONFIG_CMA, which causes at least the
> > DU driver to fail probing the device. I thus assume you have modified the
> > configuration to enable CMA. The fact that shmobile_defconfig doesn't
> > include the uvcvideo driver used by test 14 seems to confirm local
> > modifications to the configuration.
> > Issue 8 ("Lager: bad image quality when shown on HDMI display") can't be
> > reproduced on my system when displaying a test pattern with the modetest
> > application. Could you please share more information on how to reproduce
> > the problem ?
>
> We retested this issue No 8 again with the CONFIG_CMA enabled but the
> result is the same. you could see it by the error.jpg image in attachments.
> the display device used is Panasonic TH-L19C3 (refer the device.jpg). we
> also send you my configs file, too (lager_du.config).

Thank you for the information, I'll try to reproduce the problem here with
your kernel configuration.

> just one more thing, with CONFIG_CMA enabled, the driver fails on
> probing if we boot the board without the HDMI cable inserted in advance.
> we have to insert the cable before booting the board. and not all the
> display work with current HDMI driver (as our LG display will not work)
> we are using the mainline upstream version 4.8

Interesting, I'll check that too.

> if you need any information to debug, please lets us know.

Could you please tell me what you're using to test the display ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]