Re: No serial since ARM: dts: r8a7791: Add BRG support for (H)SCIF

On 04/06/2016 10:37 PM, Sjoerd Simons wrote:

[...]
I've got a Porter board (Revision B) which stopped showing
serial
output since the patch mentioned in the subject. The terrible
clearly
wrong hack below gets serial back (reverting to just the  fck
clock
for
scif0) on both linux-next and linux master.
Thanks for your report!

I assume something is wrong with the SCIF_CLK input.
Hence I guess the issue is also fixed by removing the "&scif_clk"
block in
arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7791-porter.dts?
Confusingly it didn't, see the patch i just sent out:
    ARM: dts: r8a7791: Don't disable referenced optional clocks
     That patch looks, er... strange/incomplete. Perhaps we should
fix
clk_get() instead?

Not sure how it's incomplete?

First, R8A7791 is not the only SoC having disabled clocks in its .dtsi file. And if you remove the status = "disabled" in the SoC file, please also remove "enabled" in the board files as that is the default node status anyway.

But see also Geerts comment on the
relevant thread where he nicely pinpoint what triggered that behaviour.
That said I do find it a bit odd to refer to disabled clock nodes, but
that might be me.

   I don't find it odd. What I found odd is clk_get() returning -EPROBE_DEFER.

that oscillator is not mounted on porter B & C. Just sent out a
revert
for your patch that add this. The combination of both patches got
me my
serial back without weird hacks \o/
     I've never seen the revert posted...

Seems i never hit enter. Posted now, thanks :)

   I was already going to post mine... :-)

MBR, Sergei

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]