New prototype version of the R-Car VSP for the drivers tree

Hello Geert,

I've pushed a new prototype version of the R-Car VSP driver request API
support to my git tree at

	git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/fbdev.git drm/du/vsp1-kms/request

and tagged it as vsp1-kms-request-20160306

The branch merges the latest DRM and media master branches and Simon's devel
branch, and integrates the following features not present upstream yet:

- Your PM domain patches

- FCP driver

The driver is new and targeted for upstream merge in v4.7.

- VSP1 cleanups and reworks

Half of the patches got merged for v4.6, the remaining patches are targeted
for upstream merge in v4.7.

- VSP1 CLU support

The code is targeted for upstream merge in v4.7.

Please note that the userspace API will likely change.

- VSP1 HGO support

The code is targeted for upstream merge in v4.7.

Please note that the userspace API is currently missing. I started discussing
standardization of the statistics API in V4L2 with the community, more work is
needed.

- VSP1 Request API

The code has been rebased on top of all the other changes. I've received
constructive feedback from some of the V4L2 community members, both online and
face to face. However, due to the controversial rework of the media controller
code that has been merged in v4.5-rc1, progress has been much slower than
expected. I will likely have to handle the fallout of the rework for at least
one more kernel version, and will of course continue developing the request
API in parallel.

- R-Car H3 support for DU and VSP

The code is targeted for upstream merge in v4.7.

- R-Car H3 enablement for DU and VSP

This will be merged after all the dependencies, including PM domains.

Please note that the work I've performed over the weekend hasn't received any
testing on Salvator-X as I'm currently attending Linaro Connect and have taken
my Lager board only. I don't expect any particular breakage though.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]