Re: [RFC 0/6] mmc: sdhi: add basic r8a7795 support

Hi Wolfram,

On 22.01.2016 09:54, Wolfram Sang wrote:
Hi Dirk,

First, regarding the clocks, if anybody from the experts could advise me how
we'd like to interface dynamic clocks to the existing Gen3 clock code, that
would be really welcome:

I am not the clock expert, but I try to have a look next week.

I'll try to post a proposal for the SD clock, soon.

Second, I'm mainly interested in eMMC support for the Salvator-X. Therefore

OK, nice to know. I have eMMC running now, without DMA and HS200, of
course. My patches need some refactoring, though.

I picked (hopefully) all patches from the Renesas BSP to
renesas-drivers-2016-01-13-v4.4

Yes, that's where I picked your clock patches from :)

so I'd suspect some memory overwriting. But what confuses me is that the
same code works fine on the the 4.2 based Renesas BSP. I have no idea
regarding this, yet.

I usually don't have high hopes that putting more than a trivial amount
of any BSP code on top of upstream will result in success ;)

I was at least hoping that the differences between the 4.2 BSP and the recent 4.4 development head are not that large that it would be possible "to make it work" picking that patches.

You are right, upstreaming them is an other topic, then ;)

Best regards

Dirk

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]