[RFC] Passing device-tree to remoteproc?

Hello,

How interesting to upstream Linux would it be to have a way for Linux kernel or user space to pass a device tree blob to remote processor when starting a remote proc FW?

For instance we could imagine something like this:

1/ user space does echo -n firmware.elf > /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteprocXXX/firmware

2/ user space does echo -n my_dt.dtb > /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteprocXXX/dtb

3/ user space does echo start > /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteprocXXX/state

We could also imagine that the kernel could load its own device tree into memory and puts the address to this memory zone in a resource of the resource table if some resource type is found.

But I think the user space based approach is more flexible as you could potentially specify a different DTB from the kernel itself.

What do you think?

Regards,

--

Yann