RPMSG over VirtIO under KVM

Hi,

It has been proposed to port the VirtIO SOF driver [1], used to
implement audio support under Linux, running in a KVM guest, to use
RPMSG to communicate with the SOF vhost driver, running on the Linux
host. On one hand I see an rpmsg-virtio driver, which should make such
a port possible, on the other hand I don't see a single VirtIO driver
in the kernel, using RPMSG for Linux virtualisation.

Hence my questions: is this a good idea? Is there anything in the
kernel VirtIO RPMSG implementation, that would make this impossible?

Thanks
Guennadi

[1] https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/developer_guides/virtualization/virtualization.html