Re: [net-next v4 00/15] Add mlx5 subfunction support

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 11:22:12AM -0800, Alexander Duyck wrote:

> Also as far as the patch count complaints I have seen in a few threads
> I would be fine with splitting things up so that the devlink and aux
> device creation get handled in one set, and then we work out the
> details of mlx5 attaching to the devices and spawning of the SF
> netdevs in another since that seems to be where the debate is.

It doesn't work like that. The aux device creates a mlx5_core and
every mlx5_core can run mlx5_en.

This really isn't the series to raise this feature request. Adding an
optional short cut path to VF/SF is something that can be done later
if up to date benchmarks show it has value. There is no blocker in
this model to doing that.

Jason