Re: Is there a working cache for path record and lids etc for librdmacm?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 02:57:57AM +0000, Christopher Lameter wrote:
> We have a large number of apps running on the same host that are all
> sending to the same set of hosts. Lots of requests for address resolution
> are going to the SM and for a large set of hosts this can become too much
> for the SM.
>
> Is there something that can locally cache the results of the SM queries to
> avoid additional requests?
>
> We have tried IBACM but the address resolution does not work on it. It is
> unable to complete a request for any address resolution and leaves kernel
> threads that never terminate instead.

If it really doesn't work at all any more we should delete it from
rdma-core if nobody is interested to fix it.

Haakon and Mark had stepped up to maintain it a while ago because they
were using it internally, so I'm surprised to hear it is broken.

Jason