Re: RDMA subsystem namespace related questions (was Re: Finding the namespace of a struct ib_device)

On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 12:49:30PM +0800, Ka-Cheong Poon wrote:
> As I mentioned before, this is a very serious restriction on how
> the RDMA subsystem can be used in a namespace environment by kernel
> module.  The reason given for this restriction is that any kernel
> socket without a corresponding user space file descriptor is "rogue".
> All Internet protocol code create a kernel socket without user
> interaction.  Are they all "rogue"?

You should work with Chuck to make NFS use namespaces properly and
then you can propose what changes might be needed with a proper
justification.

The rules for lifetime on IB clients are tricky, and the interaction
with namespaces makes it all a lot more murky.

Jason