Re: reduce iSERT Max IO size

I think max IO size, at iSER initiator, depends on
"max_fast_reg_page_list_len".
currently, below are the supported "max_fast_reg_page_list_len" of
various iwarp drivers:

iw_cxgb4: 128 pages
Softiwarp: 256 pages
i40iw: 512 pages
qedr: couldn't find.

For iwarp case, if 512 is the max pages supported by all iwarp drivers,
then provisioning a gigantic MR pool at target(to accommodate never used
16MiB IO) wouldn't be a overkill?

For RoCE/IB Mellanox HCAs we support 16MiB IO size and even more. We limited to 16MiB in iSER/iSERT.

Sagi,

what about adding a module parameter for this as we did in iSER initiator ?

I don't think we have any other choice...