Re: rdma-for-next lockdep complaint

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 02:29:15PM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I run test srp/015 from the blktests test suite then the lockdep complaint
> shown below is reported. Since I haven't seen this complaint in the past I
> think that this is a regression. This complaint was triggered by the code on
> the for-next branch of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rdma/rdma.git. Is this a known
> issue?

I haven't seen it before, and it doesn't look like anything changed
here lately.

I think your test must have got unlucky to hit one of the
rdma_destroy_id paths.

It looks like a false positive from lockdep as these are never the
same lock.

Perhaps it could be fixed by lifting the mutex_unlock to before
the rdma_destroy_id ? Would need some study

Jason